All Chipola College courses contain eLearning components. Students must have access to an Internet ready computer. All Chipola College students have access to Internet ready computers in the library, library Technology Center and ACE Lab during operational hours. (Click here for Library and Technology Center hours). However, it is not the responsibility of the college to guarantee workstation access for eLearning activities.
System and Software Requirements
|Software||Microsoft Office 2013 University Edition or
Microsoft Office 2013 Professional or
newer with all Service Packs
|Microsoft Office 2016 or
Microsoft Office 360
|Video||SVGA monitor ** set at a
minimum resolution of 1024 x 600 **
|Resolution of 1024x768 or greater|
|audio||speakers or headphones (earphones or earbuds)||speakers or headphones (earphones or earbuds)|
|Internet Speed||DSL or Cable||DSL or Cable|
To successfully complete a web-based or web-enhanced course, you should have had some prior experience with a computer. You will be navigating and searching the Internet and utilizing an online learning management system (Canvas) for accessing course materials. The course may incorporate completing online quizzes and/or exams, participating in online discussions, viewing online videos and uploading assignments - all using web-based tools. Keyboarding skills are very important, and experience with word processing, electronic messaging, and web browsing are extremely helpful. In addition to the computer hardware and software requirements for accessing Canvas, many courses utilize a word processor for document creation. Some courses will require that you use other software or enhancements to your current browser. Those applications will be specified and instructions will be provided in the course.
You should know how to:
- access the internet (students in online courses: must know how to access your Internet service provider account)
- compose, send, and read electronic messages
- attach files to an electronic message
- read and save attached files from an electronic message
- use a web browser to view, navigate, and mark web sites for later viewing
- save and retrieve files to and from your hard drive
- create a document using a word processor
- basic word processing skills, including double-space a document, create hanging indent, insert page break.
Tải game quay hũ đổi thưởngInstructions for utilizing the learning management system, Canvas, can be found in this Canvas Student Tutorial.